Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ready for a laugh??

Well, I have to share this story with someone! I hope you see the humor in it as I do and it makes you smile today!

My hubby had the day off and I came home to an excellent dinner of steak, butter noodles and corn! It was delicious (and not just because I didn't have to cook it! :-) ! So the five of us sat down for a family dinner about 5:30. We start each meal with a prayer. Our girls fight each night because they always want to be the one to pray. It is great that the girls fight about who gets that privilege! Well, my oldest, Kailey was the winner tonight. Had I only known....

Kailey (Just FYI..this is my 12 year old daughter who has autism and cerebral palsy) begins her prayer,.."Jesus, Thank you for the family, thank you for our home, thank you for our food, and thank you for my penis, my wonderful penis." (Insert laugh here)

I about fell out of my chair! I looked at my husband in utter confusion and ready to bust a gust at the same time! Where in the world did that come from??? So we raise our heads and my husband asks the question that I just couldn't make myself say. "Kailey, where have you heard the word penis?" Oh no... she doesn't answer the question. My six year old daughter pipes up, "Oh, dad, they say that on The Simpsons Movie"

Now, I have never watched this movie (I know...obviously I need to pay more attention) but I had no clue that this kind of language or content was used. She enjoys her movies and had Tivoed this movie on her personal TV. I had no clue she had MEMORIZED this great quality programing!

Now...you know the next question to come. So I have to ask the six year old because she obviously has viewed this program as well, "Boo (who is also a female by the way), do you know what a penis is?" Well...before she could answer the question my 10 year old genius daughter pipes up and says, "Boo, are you serious? You don't know what a penis is? We all have one!"

(Insert laughter here!)

So...my family dinner table tonight was filled with conversation about who has a penis and who has a vagina. Wow....never a dull moment!
PS...the genius middle daughter thought a penis was another name for a bladder!

3 comments:

Amazing_Grace said...

Kids are sooooooooooo funny! LOL!

Rebecca said...

LOL!!!!!!!!! I would have fell out of my chair laughing! What a story! (you'll be telling this one for years!)

:)

Fratzels said...

I am actaully laughing out loud!

Little Man once told me, while sitting on the toilet, that his penis needed to grower bigger...bigger to the ceiling.